Monday, February 19, 2007

MY FIRST MARATHON!





This past Sunday I ran my first marathon in Austin, Texas!! It took me 4 hours and 20 minutes. The most that I have ever run and probably will ever run in my life! I think there were around 4500 marathon runners. I loved the race atmosphere and enjoyed the live bands through out the whole race. Also, I couldn't have asked for better weather. It was about 40 degrees when I started at 7 a.m. and then when I finished the temperature was in the 60's! No wind and no rain!

I was always told that you hit a wall when you are running a marathon, but I never really experienced it. I was even able to sprint in at the end and pass five older men! It was great! Scott biked through out the race and met me at different places. My mom, dad, and my brother Matt flew in from Nebraska to watch me run, so I had a little fan club cheering for me at random places.

It was an experience and I loved it. I am feeling the pains and probably will for a few more days to come, but it was worth it. It was something that I may never do again, but for the time being...I am a marathon runner!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Woowoo! Great job, Annie Louise! That's something to be proud of...I'm proud of you.

debbeal said...

oh happy day!! good work, my friend... i still can't believe you, but i'm definitely impressed!