I recently went to Nebraska. It was so good to be home and spend an extended amount of time with friends and family. I got to see my nephew play tee ball, my niece run track, my little brother graduate high school, my best friend, Kristin, pregnant (who, by the way, went into labor the day after I left) and so many other people. It was wonderful. It's always hard to leave, but I do have an amazing husband to come back to. So it's bitter sweet.
Camp has started its busiest time of the year. Last week our numbers were around 500 and this week we have about 330 campers down at main camp. Eagle Quest, Scott's backpacking program, has 50 campers out this week! So he will be really busy trying to organize all three groups, while another group comes on Friday. I have taken on the role of organizing the retail parts of camp: the store, crafts, snack bar, and coffee shop. Pretty much I make sure people are where and when they need to be. Other than that, I am working with my Journey program. I am about to start contacting schools so we can get more people here in the off season (mid-August through early May). Some days fly by, while others are seem like it was a week long!
Altogether, we are blessed with friends, a house, and a beautiful place to live. We're here for right now and for awhile, well until God shows us where to go next. For now, we are happy, doing well and living up the Texas heat.
Here are some pictures from my trip to Nebraska!
Becky, my mom and I at her wedding. Becky and I have been friends since we were 1 years old!
My niece Ava and I at her track meet!
My Lincoln friends and I at Kristin's baby shower.
My nieces Alexa, Emma and I.
My brother Matt and I at his high school graduation.

2 comments:
What a beautiful woman you are! I truly enjoyed the time we had together when you were back. Can't wait for you to meet Ryan! :)
I graduated from Lincoln Southwest High school. I plan on going to a 2 year college to study Architecture then transfer to a 4 year college to continue on with my studies. Architecture takes about 6-7 years in college so I am dreading that a little, but I know that I have my family and friends to keep my going in school. Great picture of me, but you need more, ha ha ha!!! just joking.
love u both. Matt :)
Post a Comment