Saturday, September 22, 2007

Colorado Trip

After a long summer (more for Scott than me), we were able to take some time off. To start our trip off, we went to Nathan and Valerie Cozart's wedding. Nathan was Scott's best man at our wedding, so it was exciting for Scott to be Nathan's best man. We waited so long to finally see that get married, it was great!



After a quick visit in Dallas for the wedding, we headed up to Nebraska where we spent a little less than a week with my family. Scott hadn't been there since Thanksgiving, so our nieces and nephews were excited to hang out with their Uncle Scott. I was able to spend some good time with my family. My mom just had knee surgery, so I was able to see her for the first time since surgery. I was also able to spend some time with a couple of friends. I got to see Kristin Mayo's 3 month old son, Ryan! He's beautiful and such a good baby! It was a quick visit, I wished it could have been longer, but we didn't have a ton of time.

Next we headed to Colorado. We spent a few days in Denver at Jason and Melina Knott's house. While we were there we went climbing at El Dorado Canyon, about 10 miles from Boulder (45 minute drive from the Knott's house). We ended up climbing one of the most popular route in Colorado called the Bastille Crack. It took us over three hours to complete the whole climb. It was fun. We also climbed out in Riffle, Colorado, about three hours west of Denver. Overall, it was a great time. It's just one of the many places that we'll go climbing.

This first picture is of Jason Knott and Scott as they were about to start a three pitch climb.


This picture is when Scott and I climbed the Bastille Crack at Eldorado Canyon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful vacation you must have had. I hope your mother is doing well with her new knee. That can be quite painful! It is exciting to see your little brother (taller than you!) graduating from High School. He will have a new and exciting life ahead of him. Keep up the good work at camp.