Friday, December 7, 2007

Bobcats, Bald Eagles and Tank Tops

Today on December 7th, I wore shorts. A couple of days Scott wore a tank top. I am not use to this warm weather in December! During the day today I turned on the air conditioning and then tonight we'll turn on the heat. I guess that's Texas for you.

Last week I was running and passed by a birds' nest and saw a bald eagle sitting in it. It was amazing. I ran back to find Scott and to get some binoculars and by the time we got back to it, it was gone. Luckily, we saw two more on Monday that were on the other side of the river. I also saw a bobcat about three weeks ago, it was pretty cool, thankfully I was in my car!

This time last year we were doing a lot of office work, and lately I have barely been in the office. It's pretty neat to be in a ministry where we can see God working and to see a ministry that is growing. Tomorrow is an exciting day, the men who donated $3 million to Camp Eagle is coming tomorrow. We finally get to meet these men and show them how beautiful of a place they are supporting.

Although Camp is far away from Nebraska where my family lives, it is where God wants us for now.

No comments: